CCT adjourns trial of Walter Onnoghen to Thursday
The Code of Conduct Tribunal has adjourned to Thursday for judgment in the trial of former chief justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen for his trial over non-declaration of assets.
The former CJN returned to the tribunal this morning where counsels in the matter are adopted their written addresses.
Chris Uche, a senior advocate of Nigeria and representing the former CJN, told the tribunal that exhibit a written statement from justice Onnoghen admitting to have forgotten to update his assets declaration form is not confessional.
Last week, counsel to the former CJN told the tribunal that the defence will be closing its case after calling just a witness.
Prosecution had called up three witnesses for examination and cross examination by the counsels