Tension grips Ondo state as Boko Haram allegedly plans attack
Tension has gripped residents of Akure, Owo and other major towns in Ondo State as members of the dreaded Boko Haram planned to attack some banks in major towns today (Friday November 1).
Indication of the planned attack was revealed in a document purportedly addressed to the Commissioner of Police for the Ondo State Command. Mr Undie Adie by another security agency
The document, which had been circulating on various social media urged the police to be proactive on the threat.
The letter dated 29th October was entitled “Planned Robbery Attacks on some commercial banks in Ondo State by suspected Boko Haram elements”.
It reads: Intelligence availed the command revealed planned armed robbery attacks on some commercial banks in the state by suspected Boko Haram elements any moment from now.
” The group also planned to engage in kidnapping and car snatching along major routes in the state, including Owo/Benin axis, Isua/Ikare and Auge/Ayire in annefgirts to raise funds for its terrorist/insurgency campaign in the country”
Spokesman of the Ondo State Command, Mr Femi Joseph, said the police did not receive any letter from any sister security agency on the said matter.